This conductor is made from aluminium-magnesium-silicon alloy of high electrical conductivity containing enough magnesium silicide to give it better mechanical properties after treatment. These conductors are generally made out of aluminium alloy 6201. AAAC CONDUCTOR has a better corrosion resistance and better strength to weight ratio and improved electrical conductivity than ACSR CONDUCTOR on equal diameter basis.
AAC conductor is made from aluminum-magnesium-silicon alloy of high electrical conductivity containing magnesium (0.6-0.9%) & silicon (0.5-0.9%) to give it better mechanical properties after treatment. AAC conductors are generally made out of aluminum alloy 6201 (minimum conductivity is 54%). AAC conductor has a better corrosion resistance and better strength to weight ratio and improved electrical conductivity than ACSR conductor on equal diameter basis.
- High tensile strength as compared to AAC conductor.
- Higher conductivity as compared to ACSR conductor.
- Better corrosion resistance than ACSR conductor.
Physical contents of alluminium alloy :
- Density - 2.70 kgm/dm3 at 20°C
- Coefficient of Linear Expansion - 23 x 10-6 / °C
- Resistivity - 0.0326 Ohms mm2/m at 20°C
- Constant Mass Temperature Coefficient (a) - 0.00360/ °C
- Material - Heat treated Al. Mg. Si. Alloy
Mechanical & Electrical Properties